Time for the Holidays!

Today I will be talking about 3 of my favorite holidays and my family holiday traditions for each holiday!

Creative Commons License Brian Evans via Compfight 

Which is Mine ?My favorite holiday is Christmas! I love Christmas and love to celebrate it with my family every year. My family is Christian and Christmas day is the day baby Jesus was born. My family has lots of family traditions leading up to Christmas. At the start of the Christmas season, we hang stockings, decorate the tree, and hang Christmas lights and wreaths on our house! Every year my family and I go to a tree farm and get a tree for Christmas. First, we pick out the perfect tree, cut it down, and then load it on the truck. Then we go home and set it up in a tree stand and water it. Next, we decorate the tree with Christmas lights, ribbons, and ornaments. Finally, we string popcorn and hang it on the Christmas tree. We also bake Christmas cookies. On Christmas, my family celebrates Christmas by going to church, listening to Christmas songs, celebrating with other family and friends, and giving gifts to each other. We have lots of other Christmas traditions, but that was a few. I LOVE Christmas and you should too!

My second favorite holiday is New Year’s!

2016-1-1 紫耀義大祈福華夏音樂煙火秀 (KAOHSIUNG E-DA WORLD NEW YEAR MUSICAL FIREWORK SHOW)

After Christmas my family and I usually visit 2 of my cousins and my aunt and uncle who live in Nashville, TN. All of my 1st cousins, aunts, and uncles come too! We all watch the New Year’s Ball drop in New York City in Times Square on the TV. We all count down to zero which is at 12 o’ clock. We have a great time! My family and I all tell each other our New Year’s resolutions which are goals that we want to try and accomplish in the new year. New Year’s is a fun holiday to celebrate!                                                                                                                                      柏安 蘇 via Compfight

My third favorite holiday is Easter!

Frohe Ostern 2018

As I said my family is Christian so Easter is the day Jesus came back to life after dying on the cross. He rose from the dead on Easter. To celebrate Easter my family goes to church, hunts for Easter eggs, and spends time with other family. We always decorate eggs with colorful patterns and we also dye the eggs. I love Easter because I can connect with Jesus!

Creative Commons License Marco Verch via Compfight

I love holidays which are times to celebrate! Those were 3 favorite Christmas, New Year’s, and Easter! Here is a link to a Christian Holidays list.

Happy Holidays from the Netherlands - 2384 Tom Jutte via Compfight